Haali Reader - a book reader for Windows CE
- Loads plain text and XML files. There were rumours that Haali Reader can open Microsoft LIT files. This is not the case. LIT format is not supported and will never be supported.
- Cyrillic encodings support with autodetection.
- Last viewed position in file is saved on exit.
- ClearType support.
- Any font/size can be selected.
- Fullscreen and landscape mode.
- Colors can be adjusted.
- Text search.
- Dictionary support. Tapping a word opens a translation window.
- Automatic hyphenation (russian language only).
- Table of contents and bookmarks
- Multiple columns support (1-4)
- PRC/PDB files support (plain text and XML only, HTML is not supported).
- Builtin ZIP archives support.
- Autoscroll (controlled from keyboard/buttons only, settings are in Options->Buttons).
Download: Last version: 2.0b264
Warning: downloaders like GetRight do not work with this site, you'll need to click on the links directly to download.
Installer for desktop windows: Haali Reader v2.0 Setup
Desktop installer for Pocket PC, PocketPC 2003, WM2003: Haali Reader CE v2.0 Setup
Executable files for use directly on a pda:
|Pocket PC, PocketPC 2002 (CE3.0), WM2003 (CE4.2), WM2005||2.0b264||ARM, MIPS, SH3|
|Palm size PC (CE2.11)||2.0b227||MIPS, SH3|
|HPC Pro (CE2.11)||2.0b227||ARM, SH3|
|HPC 2000 (CE3.0)||2.0b227||ARM, MIPS|
|WinCE .NET||2.0b227||ARMV4, MIPS|
Sources, An english-russian dictionary, mkdict - a tool for creating custom dictionaries, dictionary source should be a plain text file with one entry per line, entry title should be separated from the body with two spaces.
The dictionary format is different from 1.x versions, so to use a dictionary in new versions
either download a new dictionary file or decode the old dictionary with
tool and recreate it from source.
The new file should be in a new format. You'll need an Win2k/XP system to convert existing
mkdict won't work on Win98/ME systems.
Some (scarce) documentation, thanks to Chris Clark for providing a skeleton.
An article about FictionBook XML.